Upper School Global Education
Our exceptional global education program offers our students travel and cultural learning opportunities that prepare them to meet the world on many levels.
Global Education Focus
体育投注开户’s global education program focuses on four main branches:
- Awareness: Learning about ourselves and our culture as well as people and cultures from around the world.
- Collaboration: Working together with other students to discuss issues, make decisions and solve problems.
- Experiential learning: Cultivating an international perspective by engaging in cross-cultural activities through visits by exchange students and teachers.
- Action (social justice outreach): Volunteering time and raising funds for nonprofit organizations and good causes.
Global Learning Opportunities at 体育投注开户’s Upper School
We collaborate with our sister schools around the world to offer global learning opportunities and exchanges to countries like Switzerland, India, Australia and Japan.
Through ongoing projects here at 体育投注开户 and yearly trips around the world, our students develop into global citizens. Global learning opportunities include:
- International travel and student exchanges: Trips to the Galapagos, Switzerland, India, Australia and Japan where students explore local cultures and environments while completing a school project.
- Global Online Academy: 体育投注开户 students gain access to intellectually rigorous programs offered at sister schools across the country and world.
- English Language Institute: Each summer, we offer special programs for international students who want to improve their English speaking and writing abilities. The institute helps them prepare to attend an American boarding school or an international school.
- Teacher exchanges: 体育投注开户 sends teachers from all divisions to sister schools across the world, where they learn valuable lessons to bring back to their classrooms. In return, we benefit from international teachers coming to 体育投注开户.
Our yearlong biology project sparked my interest in the field of genetics, and I was so interested in the course that I decided to go to the Galapagos Islands as part of 体育投注开户’s biology trip. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.Rachael Warecki '04
Global Online Academy
体育投注开户 is proud of its membership in the Global Online Academy (GOA), which we joined in 2012. The mission of the Global Online Academy is to reimagine learning to empower students and educators to thrive in a globally networked society.
As a member, 体育投注开户 gives its students a nontraditional way to enrich their academics, pursue their passions and experience the varied perspectives of their international GOA classmates. Students learn how to collaborate with peers in other states and countries, and to manage their time effectively outside of a traditional learning environment.
Courses are taught by teachers at member schools. Teachers must complete a rigorous training program before teaching a GOA course; teachers and courses alike are regularly evaluated to ensure continuing adherence to standards of quality.
Currently, one-third of college students enroll in an online course during their college careers. By taking courses through the GOA, 体育投注开户 students can familiarize themselves with this growing method of learning and prepare themselves for college and beyond. Learn More
- Albuquerque Academy, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Catlin Gabel School, Portland, Ore.
- Cranbrook Schools, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- The Dalton School, New York, N.Y.
- Germantown Friends School, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Head-Royce School, Oakland, Calif.
- King's Academy, Madaba-Manja, Jordan
- Lakeside School, Seattle, Wash.
- Punahou School, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sidwell Friends School, Washington, D.C.
- African Leadership Academy, Northcliff, ZA
- American International School - Chennai, Chennai, India
- American International School of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- American School in Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- American School Foundation of Monterrey, Santa Catarina, Mexico
- American School of Bombay, Mumbai, India
- The Bishop's School, La Jolla, Calif.
- The Blake School, Minneapolis, Minn.
- The Branson School, Ross, Calif.
- Brookstone School, Columbus, Ga.
- Brunswick School, Greenwich, Conn.
- Buckingham Browne & Nichols, Cambridge, Ma.
- Carlucci American International School of Lisbon, Sintra, Portugal
- Cary Academy, Cary, N.C.
- Christ Church Episcopal School, Greenville, S.C.
- Colegio Maya, Santa Catarina Pinula, Guatemala
- Columbus Academy, Gahanna, Ohio
- Concord Academy, Concord, Ma.
- The Delta School, Wilson, Ariz.
- The Downtown School, Seattle, Wash.
- Durham Academy, Durham, N.C.
- Episcopal High School, Newtown Square, Penn.
- Episcopal High School, Alexandria, Va.
- Frankfurt International School, Oberursel, Germany
- French American International School, San Francisco, Calif.
- Gilman School, Baltimore, Md.
- Greenhill School, Addison, Texas
- Green Farms Academy, Westport, Conn.
- Greenwich Academy, Greenwich, Conn.
- Hamden Hall Country Day School, Hamden, Conn.
- The 体育投注开户 School, San Jose, Calif.
- Hawken School, Gate Mills, Ohio
- Hong Kong International School, Hong Kong, China
- International School of Beijing, Shunyi District, China
- Isidore Newman School, New Orleans, La.
- Jakarta International School, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Kent Denver School, Englewood, Co.
- Kingswood Oxford School, West Hartford, Conn.
- Lake Highland Preparatory School, Orlando, Fla
- Latin School of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Leaf Academy, Slovakia
- Lincoln Community School, Accra, Ghana
- Louisville Collegiate School, Louisville, Ky.
- The Lovett School, Atlanta, Ga.
- The Meadows School, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School, St. Louis, Mo.
- Menlo School, Atherton, Calif.
- Metairie Park Country Day School, Metairie, La.
- Noble and Greenough, Dedham, Mass.
- Nueva School, San Mateo, Calif.
- Park Tudor School, Indianapolis, Ind.
- The Pembroke Hill School, Kansas City, Mo.
- Polytechnic School, Pasadena, Calif.
- Providence Day School, Charlotte, N.C.
- Ransom Everglades School, Coconut Grove, Fla.
- Riverdale Country School, Bronx, N.Y.
- Rundle College, Calgary, Canada
- The Savannah Country Day School, Savannah, Ga.
- Shanghai American School, Shanghai, China
- Singapore American School, Singapore
- St. Andrew's School, Middletown, Del.
- St. Christopher's School, Richmond, Va.
- St. Johns Country Day School, Orange Park, Fla.
- St. Mark's School of Texas, Dallas, Texas
- The Taft School, Watertown, Conn.
- Think Global School, New York, N.Y.
- University Prep, Seattle, Wash.
- West Point Grey Academy, Vancouver, Canada
- The Westminster Schools, Atlanta, Ga.
- Windward School, Los Angeles, Calif.
Clubs, Events & Activities
Global learning extends to extracurricular activities, where students enhance their understanding of global issues and cultures. Our clubs, events, programs and activities with a global focus include:
- Chinese Club
- GEO (Global Empowerment and Outreach)
- Japanese Club
- Model United Nations
- Annual multicultural talent show